Monday, October 4, 2010

Naomi's Story

Naomi is finally here and we couldn't be more in love or happier. So remember how I had Ruthie fast? For those of you who don't know I had Ruthie in 7 hours. I was told from the doctors that that was super fast for a first timer and next time I have a kid to get in quick because the time will probably cut in half with the second. HA that would have been nice doc try an hour and 10 minutes!
And this is how it happened.. (If you just want to skip down to the pictures I wouldn't blame you, I wrote a novel and I am not going to reread it right now so it might not make sense.) On October 2 at 3 am I woke up to go to the bathroom and started having a contraction that hurt pretty bad. I wasn't sure if I should wake up Justin or not because I was in the hospital the day before for leaking. It ended up being the mucous plug and I was so embarrassed. For the record I wouldn't have gone in, but the nurse told me to and called the hospital to tell them I was coming. Well I decided to wake him up and said I think its time. He jumped up and we got dressed told Hannah and went on our way. In the car the contractions started getting harder and I was so happy we left because the hospital was 20 minutes away. We finally get there and I am dying from the pain. They take me in, check my cervix and I am totally effaced and at a 7. The contractions are not stopping. I ask for an epidural and of course because its 3:30 a.m. he is not there so they call him and the doctor. About twenty minutes later I tell them I am in a ton a pain and feeling pressure so they check my cervix and I am fully dialated and ready to go. If it wasn't for my water still being intact the nurse would have delivered her. The doctor shows up at four and says you have a choice to pop your water and have this baby now or get the epidural and wait for it to kick in. Soooo I went natural because I could not take the pain for another 20 minutes for the epidural to kick in. Naomi was born at 4:10 weighed 7lbs 2 oz and 19 1/2 in long.
We absolutely love her! It took Ruthie awhile to warm up. I read other blogs where they had the new baby give older siblings presents to help smooth things over. I thought this was a cute idea so we had Naomi buy her a train set which she loved and therefore loves Naomi now. Justin thought Ruthie needed to learn how to be giving, so we also had her get a gift for Naomi. And that's the story!











13 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful and I can't believe how fast you had her. It seems like you're made for having babies ;)

Unknown said...

Wow! The first picture is darling and JeriAnn, you look great! We want to meet Naomi soon.

S.A.R. said...

Congratulations! How exciting! We are so excited for you guys. :) And I loved the whole story!

Cameron and Wendy said...

Yay! I was hoping you would do a post about this...Naomi is so cute ad has so much dark hair! I can't believe how fast you went...good thing you made it there in time! And I love the picture of Ruthie by her bassinet! So adorable! Congratulations...hopefully it isn't two years before we get to meet her!

Chels Allred said...

congratulations jeriann!! she is SO cute! and so is ruthie!! she's so big!
And DANG! that's a fast labor! I'd love one like that!

Kipp and Gelsey said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys! I was hoping to see a post with pictures and your story (and the fact that you had a chance to write this with TWO kids is encouraging for me)! You look great, Naomi is beautiful, and Ruthie looks like a proud big sister! Yay for a fast (albeit painful) delivery!

Jan said...

She's perfect! Such a beautiful little girl - what a gift! (and so nice that it was so quick for you!) Yay! xoxo

Jan said...

She's perfect! Such a beautiful little girl - what a gift! (and so nice that it was so quick for you!) Yay! xoxo

Mrs. Jones said...

Oh my gosh, I am so excited for you guys!!!! Naomi is beautiful! And Ruthie is so big!! Love and miss you guys!!!

Tiffany W said...

Congrats! She's beautiful and you are too. Good job going to the hospital or you might have had her at home. Scary.
The Weidmans

Katie @ Favorites and Things said...

I am so amazed at you!! I can't believe how fast that went, you may end up having your next baby at home at the rate you go. I hope you are feeling okay and getting enough rest. She is So cute, I love all of the pictures and the gift ideas, I'm going to keep that in mind. Let me know if I can ever help, Addie would love to play with Ruthie if you need a one child break.

Anderson's said...

She is so dang cute, I can't wait to see her!

The Rees' said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. I don't think I've seen many pictures of Ruthie. She is absolutely darling. Lets keep in touch. Hope all is well.