Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July

We had a great and fun filled fourth of July. In the morning we woke up and drove down to the parade in Provo. There were about 250,000 people in attendance. People stake out their spots the day before! Its craziness and impossible to find a good spot. We still had lots of fun though.

My attempt at trying to take a picture of us... Ruthie loves to point at everything now. It is so much fun.


Ruthie loved it whenever the bands would come and play. She would start dancing in my arms.

These girls were doing some pretty cool tricks on this horse. One did a handstand while the horse was moving.


By the end she was so tired and just sat in her stroller with her dolly. She NEVER just sits there. It was precious.


Later that day we went to the Sandy Parade.. Another attempt at taking a picture of us.

Me and Ruthie were really lucky at this parade. We got to ride on a float with Leo the Lion from Real Salt Lake!!


That soccer ball actually spun around.





We even got to meet the ghostbusters!



Ruthie was pretty restless near the end of the parade, but was happy to find some rocks to play with.


Then of course we did some fireworks at home..




Ruthie did not care for them at all. She just wanted to swing.

I hope you all had a happy Fourth of July too!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like you guys had a great day! I love the pictures of your little Ruthie... she's SO cute!

Chels Allred said...

She looks soo cute!! I love the one of her and her dollie. The parade looks way fun!!

Cameron and Wendy said...

Looks like a fun 4th...although I think it would have been MORE fun if you guys had been up with us all in Laramie! :) Ruthie is just too cute...I love the picture of her snuggling with her dolly.

Anderson's said...

I wish we could have seen you guys. Her dress is darling!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a busy 4th! I can't believe how many people showed up for that parade in Provo... that is like 10 times the population of Laramie! And how fun that Ruthie got her picture taken with Leo the Lion. :)

Kipp and Gelsey said...

Whoops, that last comment from "Heidi" was actually from me. My friend must not have logged off of my computer yesterday!