Wednesday, July 15, 2009

San Diego 3

This will be my last post on San Diego. My dad and mom found this awesome thing to do through the San Diego Zoo. We slept in a Wild Animal Park in tents!

Yep we slept in those.

surrounded by these..




It was so cool. I loved it too because the animals are not locked up in a cage here. They have pits and wire fences separating you from the animals. But the pits did not seem deep enough and the fences did not seem tall enough when you saw the lions and cheetahs that close. I swear they could have jumped those things.

And the best part about this camp is you get matching tee shirts. Look how cute they are.

My cute HUGE family. I LOVE THEM!!!




We also had a craft time. We painted Ruthie's vest for her. Our group was called the Giraffes so I was going for giraffe spots, but instead it looked like a one year old's paint job.



Then after craft time we went on a tour of the Wild Animal Park. This is my nephew who insisted on being right up front and as close as he could possibly get to the leader. He asked lots of questions too. It was adorable and I love this picture. It cracks me up every time. He is waiting so patiently..

Ruthie loved pointing at everything. Especially this big yellow hot air balloon they had. As you can tell Ruthie's shirt was a little too big. They didn't have her size, but Justin fixed that with the old eighties knot on the side. Very stylish...

Getting some rare cuddles from my baby. aww loves...

And what is a camp without smores, popcorn, and dancing around a fire pit?






I think this is a must do if you go to San Diego. Its actually in Escondido, but close enough. We did a junior camp and the kids loved it. I loved it too. Thanks again mom and dad for an amazing family trip! You guys really do spoil us. But I hope you know how grateful we all are. I think it helps our family stay close. We love you guys!!

6 comments:

Cameron and Wendy said...

That is such a cool thing to do, to be able to camp with wild animals all around you! How NEAT! I am not a camper, but I even think that would be fun to do. I think Ruthie definitely rocks the 80's styles pretty well. :)

Chels Allred said...

That is seriously, AWESOME!! I would love to do that!! and I cant believe how big you're family has grown!

Emily said...

I have NO idea you could camp in the Wild Animal Park! HOW FUN!! Looks like you guys had a BLAST!

Kipp and Gelsey said...

How FUN! How did Ruthie sleep in that tent? Did you hear any scary noises in the night? Looks like such a fun trip!

Ashley and Ivy said...

SOOO cute! Ivy loves animals! I bet Ruthie was loving it there! What do the shirts say???

Kimmy said...

I want to go!! And I bet you had a blast with your family. I miss all of you guys so much! Ruthie is so cute and I can't believe how big she is. Hope you guys are doing well. Love ya!