Friday, May 8, 2009

Frustration

I am sure the last thing you guys want to hear is me vent so you don't have to read this.... Today our neighbor below us complained about Ruthie being too loud. I feel terrible because he is this elderly man who NEVER leaves the house and being a stay at home mom I don't leave the house much either... not good for him or us! I also feel bad because he said he has some nervous disorder so the noises really make his nerves jump and he shakes. He has complained before so I already feel like I am walking on eggshells but its SUPER hard. I understand where he is coming from. We can be very loud. Especially with Ruthie still trying to get the hang of walking, there are lots of crashes. She likes to move the chairs in the kitchen which I try to stop her as soon as she starts to. But its hard I can't follow her around and not let her make any noise. He asked us to try and keep her out of the kitchen which is half of our apartment. Oh boy this is going to be fun.... Our lease is up in a month so I don't really know what to do. We didn't really want to move because I love our location and have made a lot of good friends with babies Ruthie's age. He pretty much said if we don't quiet down he is going to call management. So any suggestions as to what I should do? Crying from frustration and complaining is all I can think of.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh JeriAnn that's terrible! You should call Robert (or as Jerod calls him Bobert, but I wouldnt call him that!), he's really nice from the times when I've talked to him and it might be good for you to call and explain the situation before your neighbor does. That totally sucks! It's not like you want to spend your whole day keeping Ruthie from exploring and living her life! People who cant handle noise should NOT live in an apartment!

Cameron and Wendy said...

Oh I am sorry. That is a crummy situation. There really isn't much you can do to keep Ruthie quiet, and you shouldn't have to...I mean seriously, she is only almost 1. Maybe there is a way you can stay in the same apartment but move to a different unit that isn't above this guy?? I hope you can get something figured out...I feel your pain, sort of. Living in apartments definitely makes you feel like you are walking on eggshells!!

Ashley and Ivy said...

man thats tough, shes just a baby so its not like shes doing something wrong....shes soooo cute! i'd go nuts if i had to run around trying to keep ivy quite...impossible!

Alli Waldron said...

Man that would be SO frustrating. I like the idea of going to management before he does. Seriously though are you expected to keep Ruthie out of the kitchen? I think if the noise is honestly reasonable I wouldn't change. What a grumpy old man!

Chels Allred said...

How annoying for this guy to complain! My opinion is, its totally appropriate for Ruthie to cry, or laugh, or move things and be noisy..she's a baby!! Thats what kids and babies do! So this guy, if he wants peace and quite, then he needs to have an apartment on the top floor so he doesnt have to worry about the people above him. Sad about his medical problem, but...no offense guy, its not your guys's problem..Let him call management! They'll laugh at him! Thats just how apartment living is. Maybe I'm just mean, but if he complained to me about my baby being a normal child, I would slap him! haha. Well maybe not slap, but I would definently be mean enough to let him know he doesn't have the option to complain to me!

Emily said...

That's so hard... I'm so sorry!! When we moved here we made sure we could get a ground level apartment so we wouldn't have this problem. Is there any way you guys could switch apartments, but still stay in your complex?? Good luck with this situation! Hope you can work something out :)

Katie said...

Move in under us! You'd have to deal with all of Addie's sounds, I'm not sure which is worse. I hate moving but if you guys want to find somewhere else to go you should move in under us, or in one of the other units. They said we could just show you the unit sometime if you're interested.

Kipp and Gelsey said...

I'm so sorry Annie. That's a tough one. I agree with the advise from everybody else... try to talk to the manager first, explain your side of the situation, and ask if you can get into a ground unit at the same complex. Babies will be babies... there is not a whole lot you can do about that. Babies certainly don't come with a remote control with volume control and a mute button (although that would be nice at times)! I hope everything works out for you guys.

Jason Wadsworth said...

Apartment living sure has it's pros and cons. I know there are a few condo/apartments for rent in our complex. I'm not sure what price range your looking in, but rent here is usually reasonably priced. We've got some friends at the HOA here, so just let us know and we can help you find something down here. The ward is great and there are tons of kids too. Britt would love to have someone to hang out with too, I'm sure! Hope everything works out for ya. Let us know if we can help. :)