Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spoiled Rotten

I have decided that Justin and I are not very good at disciplining. We give Ruthie anything she wants as long as she will stop yelling at us. This morning she was yelling at us to take her outside. She knows now that when we put on her shoes that means we are going outside. So she brought me her shoes and I told her I would put them on, but we are not going outside. Yeah right! Daddy took her to the store and her reward for being such a pill he got her flowers, bubbles, and cinnamon rolls. He said she was just staring at the flowers at the store and they were only 5 dollars.


Ok thats nice and sweet and all but now look what I have to deal with... This is her yelling because she doesn't want just one flower she wants all of them!


So we gave her some cinnamon roll to stop crying. Here Ruthie if you yell you get a sweet. That is pretty much what we teach in this home.


And you say two year olds are worse than this?? Wish me luck! If things get too out of hand don't be surprised if one box of Ruthie shows up at your door...

Don't worry I would never really give her away. As much of a pill as she can be I still love her more than anything!!

7 comments:

Kipp and Gelsey said...

I was seriously laughing out loud at this post... too funny! Especially the sad face. I can totally relate... I think we are guilty of spoiling Bode a little bit, too. We give him anything he wants if he starts fussing and crying, so now he has totally mastered his "fake cry". Ugh. I think they get spoiled by grandparents even worse!

Chels Allred said...

I bet I'll be the wussiest mother. My kids will get everything they want cause I can't stand a sad baby! But how could you not give a cutie like Ruthie everything she wants!?

Cameron and Wendy said...

I think it is just a rite of passage that you spoil your first kids, right? Cuz I am pretty sure we are guilty of the same thing. They are just too dang cute not too! :) By the way, we would love to have a box of Ruthie anytime you need a break! Ha ha! Wish we lived closer and we could do swaps!

Kipp and Gelsey said...

Ditto to Wendy's comment... send Ruthie our way!

Anderson's said...

Demanding what you want must be a Cooper trait! I am hoping for at least one calm child!

Emily said...

haha too funny :) And I can totally relate! Just wait until she can talk back....

Ashley and Ivy said...

oh my gosh!!! shes SOOO cute!