Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wannabe

I wannabe a coupon mom! I was talking with my neighbor the other day and we got on the subject of groceries. Both of us keep budgets and compared what we paid on average for groceries. Ours was quite a bit more. She claimed they only pay about 250 a month for two adults and a baby Ruthie's age?! That is including going out to eat! Is that possible? Am I the only one who pays more than that a month? I really try to eat cheap. I buy things on sale and the cheapest brand. I hear about these people who use coupons and can get their groceries for almost nothing.. How do you do that? So I was wondering if any of you know how I can save money on groceries? WITHOUT having to own the newspapers with all the sweet coupons... It might be impossible!

3 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

Yeah I always think it sounds like such a good idea, but it is A LOT of work. My sister Amy is seriously a pro at it though. I'm sure if you left a comment on her blog (I have the link on my blog under Mathewson: Amy & David), she would be more than willing to share the websites she uses. Let me know if anything works for you!

Mrs. Jones said...

Hey! The biggest thing that we do (and don't get me wrong, we don't have a kid yet, but we spend about 200 a month, it first,,,get as much as we can from Sam's in bulk. It costs less and last a long time, and second, I cook meals over the weekend and freeze things to reheat throughout the week. It is easy to double recipes and cooking is cheaper than buying more instant things....coupons help too! :)

Thats my opinion....for what its worth! :) Loves!

Emily said...

From what I've heard (and seen) the whole "coupon/getting things for free" deal is TONS of work! And you HAVE to have the newspaper. I've always wanted to save more on groceries, but I haven't ever wanted to spend hours researching sales and clipping coupons. We've started going Sams Club and buying things in bulk (whish costs more up front, but saves a lot in the long run). I also do most of our shopping at walmart... it's tons cheaper there than at any other grocery store. I still feel like we spend a lot on groceries sometimes, but for the most part I think we do okay considering I don't spend half the week doing the coupon thing :)