Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Year

I remember when I was young the most exciting day of the year was Christmas. My brother and sisters and I would wake up before sunrise to see what Santa brought us. As soon as my eyes opened on Christmas morning I felt a rush of excitement go through my body, and I quickly ran to the living room where my stocking and presents were. Sadly, as I grew older this unbelievable excitement began to wear off. I was still very tired when Christmas morning came, so I slowly made my way into the living room. On more recent Christmas mornings I have wished that I could feel that feeling once again.

Often times I wake up to the sound of Ruthie talking, singing, and playing in her crib. A feeling of excitement rushes through my body, and it's a feeling that I recognize from Christmas mornings as a kid. As soon as my eyes open the tired feeling is gone and I hurry into Ruthie's room to take her into my arms. She is the greatest gift I have ever received. Because of this feeling I have for Ruthie I know that the bonds we develop on Earth will not end at death. Families can be together forever. Because of Jesus Christ we will be resurrected and live forever. Our purpose of life is to do whatever is necessary to be sealed to our families and live with them for eternity.

Happy Birthday Ruthie! Daddy loves you.

5 comments:

Kipp and Gelsey said...

How cute... did Justin write this?

annieandjustin said...

yeah he did. he must have done it at work. i didn't even know until i just came on to see comments to my post and was surprised to see a different post!

Cameron and Wendy said...

That is really cute! It definitely is a good feeling to go in and see your cute little baby in the mornings. So sweet that Justin wrote this.

Anderson's said...

At first I couldn't believe Annie wrote this because it was good. Then I read at the end it was from daddy (no offense Annie). Very sweet and I feel the same way about my kiddles. Just wait until you have more your love just gets bigger and bigger.

Chels Allred said...

awww that was the sweetest thing ever. TOTALLY makes me so anxious to have my own little one here!